Overall the Winnipeg Code Camp 2012 did not disappoint, lots of interesting sessions to be found and even more interesting people.
One cool item was: Sam - the Twitter Aware, Arduino Powered, Traffic Light. Tyler & Jay talk about Sam: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cj5Jdfo00xI
These were the following sessions I took in, each of them offered something different and were quite enjoyable.
- ASP.NET MVC vs. Ruby on Rails SMACKDOWN - ROUND 2! (Part 1) (Marc Jeanson & James Chambers)
- ASP.NET MVC vs. Ruby on Rails SMACKDOWN - ROUND 2! (Part 2) (Marc Jeanson & James Chambers)
- Git 101: Source Control for the Future (David Alpert)
- Software Craftsmanship Panel Discussion (David Alpert, Amir Barylko, James Chambers, and others!)
- Illuminated Integration with Team City and Arduino (Tyler Dueck & Jay Smith)
P.S. the winner of the smack down was RoR by a significant margin. Both sessions and presenters were very informative and dove into the how each framework handles certain features and "how do you do this" in each framework.
Just want to give a big kudos to the organizers and speakers for putting on another successful code camp as well the folks over at Skullspace for hooking up free Wi-Fi for everyone in attendance.